AGATHA STARCZYK, BA, CPHR
Strategic advisor, executive leadership coach, facilitator and writer with over 12 years of combined internal and external consulting experience in talent management (human resources), process and strategy optimization, and leadership effectiveness.
SELECT WORK EXPERIENCE, CONSULTING
& COACHING CLIENTS:
- Hammerhead Resources – current
- Suncor Energy
- Devon Canada
- Talisman Energy (now Repsol)
- Maxxen International
- Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra – current
- Talent Pool – current
- Covenant Health Care
- Manitoba Health/Manitoba Blue Cross
- City of Spruce Grove
- Vancouver Port Authority
- Seaspan – current
CLIENT SUCCESS STORIES:
- Covenant Health (province-wide organization with 18 hospitals and clinics) – delivered a review of recruitment processes, documentation of workflow and leading recruitment strategies, resulting in a 25% decrease in steps, allowing recruiters to take on more requisitions and improve quality of service to clients.
- Suncor Energy – designed and implemented four new recruitment strategies and programs over an 18 month period, including military veteran recruitment, women in trades and industry collaboration, thereby diversifying recruitment sources and cutting agency and headhunting costs.
- Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra – designed and implemented recruitment, onboarding and goal setting processes for better role clarity, allowing the administration team and leadership to concentrate efforts on raising funds and decreasing their projected deficit from $1.8 million to $300,000 despite an economic downturn.
- Maxxen International – developed processes from sourcing to onboarding and retention of international talent coming from Europe to Canada, resulting in the recruitment of over 200 tradespeople over a three-year period.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
- Friends of the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra – Co-Chair
- Polish Girl Scouting Association – District Commissionaire (Alberta)
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- University of Calgary – 2003 – Bachelor of Arts (BA) in International Relations
- Certified Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) – Since 2012
- Certified Effectiveness Coach in The Emerson Suite™
- Certified Myers-Briggs Practitioner
- Canadian Board Diversity Council – Introduction to Board Training
- “Temporary Foreign Workers: Implementing a Challenging Variable into your Talent Equation ”, HUMANCapital. Spring 2012
- “Success University for Women in Leadership.” November 2017
- – English and Polish – fluent; French – advanced